Thursday, September 4, 2008

Oh the Pain....THE PAIN!!!!

So for the most part these rubber bands have been uneventful....UNTIL LAST NIGHT. So I have one band on my right side in the shape of a triangle which is helping to lightly shift my jaw during the day. At night, I am supposed to place a band in front of my teeth that go from the upper right to the lower left at night when I am sleeping or when I am just sitting around at home and not talking. So when it was time for bed, I replaced the band on the right and put on the band in front. I am really tried so I go to bed. An hour later I am awaken due to this intense pain. I toss and turn and even sit up trying to endure the pain and attempt to fall asleep. Impossible. This pain resembles the same pain I had when I was first banded that dreadful day out of the hospital. After spending 30min in bed trying to endure the pain, I am forced to remove the central band. Sadly that didn't remove the pain. The pain lasted for quite a while so I took a couple of Alieve and headed off to bed in pain until I feel asleep.

Well in the middle of the night I woke up again to go to the restroom. I decided to give the band another try. Maybe this time the pain wouldn't be as bad since my midline is set with the one band on the side and the Alieve in my system. WRONG! I put the band on and things look and feel good. I lay down for bed only to be awaken 30min later in intense pain. It was unbearable. I then decide it will be impossible to wear this band at night. So I decide that I will just have to wear this one band at this point for the next 6 weeks. Maybe I will try again but at this point I can't endure the pain and I can't be on Lortab every night for these bands. Id be a mess everyday! LOL

No comments: