Sunday, September 14, 2008

Update

Well its strange when something new happens. It always come as a surprise. So after surgery the tip of my tongue, my lower jaw, and bottom lip were numb. It took 4 weeks to get the feeling back in my tongue. All of the swelling is now pretty much gone and I can actually feel what I think are the screws and plates in my lower jaw. So now all there is left is getting my jaw inline and hopefully getting all of the feeling back. Last weekend I received a nice surprised. I usually shave every 2-3 days so during my routine shaving last saturday, I felt the blade on my chin. I couldn't believe it. I immediately touched the area and noticed I could feel my finger (barely) on the left side of my chin. Its still pretty numb but I can feel around that area. I also noticed that I can feel a little bit more of the left side of my bottom lip. While this isn't a milestone, its nice to know that the feeling is actually returning.

Well another surprise after surgery was I noticed that I could not only feel the inside of my bottom lip. Even weeks later, I noticed I could not feel the inside of my cheek and my gums. Well today during brunch, I noticed something. I felt the food on the inside my cheek and lip but only on the left side. I ran my tongue down the area and was surprised to feel in that area. It is so weird at how random the feeling comes back. I really do look forward to getting the feeling in my lower lip and chin. I could live without feeling in my chin but it does suck not feeling liquids run down your chin. I just hope that my body continues to heal well. The good news is that my bottom lip and chin have the feeling of being "asleep" and I also feel random tingling, shots of pain, and spasms in the numb areas

No comments: