Friday, November 7, 2008

My Mouth Is Not My Mouth

Well its been quite a while since my last post and felt it was time for an update. Nothing dramatic has happened since then but there have been some changes. As of right now, the open bite in my left molars are finally closing. I never thought this would happen but slowly but surely I think my teeth will finally touch. I have been living in elastics for quite a while and yes I am still sick of them but I know its necessary. The right side is looking pretty good. Everything is touching and I am starting to be able to chew much better. I am one of those anal people who tend to eat slow and chew foods like 32 times. But everything just doesn't feel right just yet. Which brings me to the title of this posting.

Numbness. I never realized how much numbness can affect everyday life activities. I pretty much still need to brush my teeth in front of a mirror or else I will end up with saliva mixed with toothpaste all over me. Eating and chewing become interesting. I used to be able to feel the foods that were stuck in my brackets but now I have to constantly check after eating and definitely need the use of a pocket mirror to make sure I have everything out of them. The cool recent development is now the left side has returned some more sensations and NOW the right side is slowly returning. But there is one spot that is still lagging behind. The right side of my lip. I still can not feel much there. But when I touch around it, especially the right side of my chin, my chin and lip tingles like crazy. I know that this is a good sign and honestly my lip and chin has been tingling quite a bit as of late but I just want the feeling in my lips back. Kissing is very strange without feeling the lower lip. The corner of the left side of my lip is great and even the inside of my mouth on that side is good. Im just hoping the right side will catch up. I should know more in a couple of months as that was how long it took to get the left side the way it is.

I go for my next ortho adjustment next week. I am sure they will check my bite and tell me to continue wearing these lovely elastics. I can't wait until I can adjust to this new bite. I currently feel like someone has placed their bite into my mouth and now I am forced to use it LOL

No comments: