Saturday, August 9, 2008

3 Days Banded Completely Shut...and counting

I would just like to say I hate being banded shut. LOL It truly does suck. I find myself looking in the mirror questioning my bite. I mean questioning everything. I do know that it will take an army to keep me banded shut when I go see the Dr Edwards on monday. I personally can not handle being shut like this. Eating is a huge pain and these rubber bands are a nuisance. I already broke a band on one side on friday. Not sure when it happened but probably in the morning since I found it broken at noon. I even found a piece of a rubber band on my tongue after having soup for lunch today. I freaked out a bit as I didn't know what it was. I managed to push the band between my teeth and pulled it out with some tweezers. I was shocked when I pulled at it and it stretched. This even didn't help matters either. Well the fellow did say he is attempting to fix an open bite on one side but at this point, I think I rather have my ortho take care of it. I mean, I can only handle one thing at a time. I can't deal with work, finding ways to eat, finding new things to eat, having mouth banded shut, trying to heal from jaw surgery, etc. I will be much happier if I can cut the being banded shut. Its been 16 days of liquids and I need to move on to some other foods. My teeth feel like they are fused. I can't move my jaw even 1mm. Not even a wiggle. I guess I am finally becoming jaded. I wish it is noon on monday so I can head to the clinic. LOL

The funny thing is I miss the simple things. My tongue is used to surveying everything in my mouth. Being restricted to the inside is frustrating. I can't lick my lips, can't really survey the inside of my mouth, can't check my braces with my tongue, nor check sutures (which in all honesty is probably is a good thing)

With all of this, I do not have any regrets....as of yet LOL My swelling is down and I can now feel the surgical site on my jaw. One thing I have noticed is that my cheeks have been sore. I wonder if its just muscle soreness. Well whatever it is, I hope to either be unbanded on monday or at least most of this mess taken off or I will be forced to do so myself. LOL

No comments: