Friday, August 1, 2008

Sleepless In Michigan

So weird how things can change in a moment. So last nightg I decided to try sleeping in my bed. Well that didn't last very long. I laid in my bed tossing and turning for almost 2 hours as I couldn't find a comfortable position plus my right TMJ was acting up even though I took ibuprofen an hour before bed. So go to my good ol trusty recliner. For some reason this was working either but I did manage to sleep for several hours. At this point its like 5am and I am pretty groggy and I was in dire need of sleep. I headed for the last comfortable place in my apt. I am pretty lucky, I have a very comfortable couch. But then again both my bed and recliner are very comfortable too. So I laid down on my coach and pretty much passed out. At this point, I was too tired to care about my jaw. It was sore at first but then it stopped. I did manage to sleep for 4-5 hours on the couch so tonight I may try the couch first.

Ive been doing some online searches for smoothies. A google search yielded quite a few results. The unique thing that I have found is that I don't measure exact amounts according to recipes. I just add ingredients as I feel. The smoothies do turn out pretty well. And this morning I found a apple smoothie that called for applesauce, apple juice, orange juice, nutmeg, cinnamon. I did add a banana to add some calories, carbs, fiber, and a little protein.

I don't see any major changes today. The tip of my tongue still feels numb but the numbness feels the same of when your foot falls aslweep. Not the pins and needles nor the pain. Its very strange. I can tell its improving because I can feel the contours of the inside of my mouth. The part I hate most, and I know I sound like a broken record, is I can tell I really need to brush my teeth on the inside. My chin and bottom lip are the same as always. Although I did notice that my chin was feeling itchy. Its the same kind of itchiness I get when I need to shave so maybe I am slowly getting feeling back? We will just have to see. I still have a little bit of right ear pain. Feels like an ear infection and if I get up too fast I feel a little dizzy. This has been happening for the past 2-3 days and I am not sure if its normal but I will ask the OS when I see him at my follow up.

There is one unique thing that caught me by surprise while I was out walking the other day. While walking I notice that my teeth would touch each other as I walked. But the difference is my molars were touching. It was strange to hear the sound they made since only a couple of teeth touched for most my life. It was a very refreshing moment and I finally realized that I did the right thing in opting for surgery....Now if only I could have a steak

No comments: