Sunday, August 3, 2008

Back to "Normal" with Elastics...

So its been 10 days and I am beginning to feel more like myself. I haven't really been in any pain aside from the occasional headache. Sometimes I would notice a sharp shooting pain in my right TMJ but that occurs when I suddenly move my jaw. Which brings me to the elastics. I think the elastic shifting my jaw is the culprit. The good news is my midline has shifted. It funny how I thought that it wouldn't work. I should have known better as elastics are used for a lot of things in orthodontics especially involving the jaw. It is amazing learning about the technological advances of oral care. But I do have slight issue. I think my midline is beginning to shift a little bit too much due to this dreaded elastic from hell. I am hoping that it doesn't cause problems. I think it will be more likely that at least this band will be removed at my follow up on wednesday. At least I am hoping it will be. I don't mind the other bands but band alone nearly drove me to tears. I think once this band is removed I will be able to progress to other foods aside from blended soups and smoothies. I would be able to open my mouth a little bit more and hopefully able to brush the inside of my teeth. LOL

Oh so the magic bullet is a blessing. It can liquiefy anything. Today I had a chunky potato soup with bacon bits and cheese. It was great. And tonight, I am excited as I have a treat. My favorite cake in the world is german chocolate cake. Under normal cicumstances (pre susrgery), I would eat this dedacent cake with some vanilla ice cream. I would even mash it up with the ice cream then eat it. But I have the ice cream and no cake. I had to go to the grocery store today for bananas so I thought I would pick up a few more things and maybe look for some cake. I headed to the local kroger and noticed immediately the store has been completely revamped. This has everything from a sushi bar, salad bar, to a new soup bar. Its even larger as it took over the store attached to it. I looked around and didn't really see any cakes that I would like to buy. I didn't want a whole cake so I settled for the 100 calorie pack of cupcakes by hostess. But I decided at the last minute before checking out to look one more time in the bakery. I noticed there was a table of sliced cakes. I looked through the pile and noticed there was one last package of GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE!!! I was so excited. I pick it up without hesitation and headed for the checkout. So on the ride home I cegan thinking of a way to enjoy this treat with my magic bullet. I felt that the ice cream and cake mixed together would still be too thick with a straw. Then I remembered my vanilla soy milk that I use for milkshakes. I could use soy milk to thin out the cake. Oh happy day! Its funny how the littlest things makes you happy. LOL Now if only I can find a way to enjoy chicago's Garett's popcorm while being banded up.

No comments: