Thursday, July 31, 2008

7 Days Post Op

Well 7 days have come and gone since surgery. Its funny how last week I was itching time to fly by and honestly it has. Pretty soon I will be sitting in the doctor's office for my 2 week follow up. There aren't any major changes other than decreasing the amount of meds I have been taken. I currently take ibuprofen in the morning and then before bed. I am also not having much TMJ pain anymore but I still have the right ear ache which I can do without. I still do not have feeling in my chin and lower lip. I also have some numbness at the tip of my tongue but it feels like my tongue is very slowly getting better. I honestly do not mind the numbess. I am more concerned about getting looser bands and being able to eat foods other than smoothies. I have been thinking that the swelling is going down but I think I am just getting used to the look of puffy cheeks. Feels like the swelling is going down on the right and very slowly on the left. I still ice through out the day but I think I may incorporate some heat soon. Walks at night seem to be going well. I still feel tingling through out my chin and lip when walking. I am noticing that I am able to control my bottom lip a little bit better as my smile is improving. I tried wrapping my face but I notice that it irritates my jaw after a few hours then my teeth become sore. I even tried to wrap lightly and this only produces the same results. But still my biggest complain in all of this is not being able to brush my the inside of my teeth. I even looked at my bands to see if I could get away with taking them off, brushing, then replacing them. But looked like a rocket scientiest placed the ones on my molars so I don't even dare. LOL

Well I hope these days fly by as I am ready to have a nice juicy steak. I am excited because I have already decided to buy a bbq grill. Im not buying it yet because I don't want it taunting me from my balcony LOL

No comments: