Sunday, July 27, 2008

My Poor Mouth...

So last night, I decided to go for a walk. I felt like I needed to get out for a bit. The walk was really nice. The interesting thing was that my chin and bottom lip, that has been numb since surgery, started to tingling with intensity. I think I am slowly getting feeling back into my lower face which would be nice. My biggest complaint in all of this is the being banded so much to move my midline of my lower jaw. I go through bouts of pain which tend to mainly occur at night when I am trying to sleep. I went to bed only to wake up at 3am with intense pain. So I took some Lortab and went back to bed which helped. I can't wait for my follow up because I do not know how much more I can take of this pain. I am told it will last about a week but my follow up is in 2 weeks. I am also having pain in my TMJ on the right side which I am sure is due to the rubber bands. Well I have been told that around day 5 is the worst. I hope I am going through the worst now cause I can't imagine things being any more painful.

The good thing is smoothies have been going well. The smoothie book has come in handy as a good guide. The thing that I did not anticipate is my craving for savory foods. I do have some tomato soup where I add sour cream and parmasean cheese. Yesterday I wanted something different so I opted for the chicken broth until I noticed it only has about 20-30 calories which would make me hungrier. So I just added the broth to the tomoato soup and it turned out pretty well. I have been trying my best to stay hydrated which the dr said is one of the things his patients forgets. He suggested 80oz of fluids. I pretty much hit this mark but it does feel like a lot. I think I may have to pick up some bananas so I can try some of the other smoothies. I am loving the magic bullet its definately a great buy. Now id only the head wrap I bought would come in then I would be all set.

No comments: