Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Worried.....

Well of course Im a little nervous about surgery next week but I am more nervous about my pre surgical work up tomorrow. Well the problem is when I met with the OS last month with the molds my ortho made, he said I was ready for surgery. But 2 weeks ago I noticed that my right central incisor was being pushed back and a small gap was formed. So I called my ortho's pffice but due to the holiday I couldn't get seen until last week. Come to find out there was a small bend in my upper arch which was pushing the tooth. This is so frustrating as I spent all year getting this gap closed (took about 11 months!) I was even off of power chains in June! And now a small gap is back and I am back in power chains. I am nervous that the OS may feel I need to wait until this gap closes or that my upper arch isn't ready. Granted the gap is very small but you just never know. And even worse is if I can't have surgery next week, I will have to wait until december to have surgery. Everything has been planned around work.

I know some people people have to wait longer and I shouldn't jump to conclusions until I have the appointment but I just needed to vent.

No comments: