Thursday, July 17, 2008

Food Glorious Food

So one week left until surgery. Crazy to think I only have 7 days to prepare for this day. You can kind of say I have been waiting half my life for this. Being told I needed this surgery when I was 16 to now is crazy to fathom. But can't deny that its almost here. I am thankful that my last 2 weeks are filled with busy things for me to do such as work, appointments, or different outings with friends. My schedule is pretty hectic but I like it. It keeps me from thinking about surgery too much.

So today was kind of my non busy day. I purposely slept in but didn't think I would sleep for over 10 hours, which I did. I headed to target first to pick up a dry erase board, baby toothbrush and some other junk that I didn't necessarily need but hey its Target. LOL Then I headed off to Sams Club for the essentials. I bought things from applesauce, pudding, ensure, broths, soups, oatmeal, orange juice, fruit chillers, yogurt, peanut butter, hershey's chocolate sauce, frozen fruit etc. I plan on buying some fresh stuff such as bananas, eggs, milk, etc next week. I just want to be as prepared as possible as I do not want to leave my apartment for the first week. I will walk around for exercise but I want to make sure I have all I need.

I picked up the magic bullet today that was waiting at the rental office and awaiting the jaw bra. Im pretty excited to get these things accomplished. My friend Harold will be dropping me off on surgery day then picking me up to take me home when I am discharged. My stepsis confirmed that she will be in town on the 28th and not sure if my dad and stepmom will make it. Well the good thing is I will have friends and family around if and when needed. Next I will start to gather recipes for smoothies and such. I am trying to think of everything or at least most things and I think I have most covered. I am sure there will be some hicups along the way but thats ok.

Tomorrow I get to have surgical hooks put on, taking harold to lunch, and the annual Ann Arbor Art Far Pub Crawl. Getting all the fun out my system before surgery LOL

No comments: