Monday, July 21, 2008

Nightmares!?!

So Im an avid dreamer. I dream most nights and they are usually detailed. I started to keep a dream journal since my dreams were all over the place. My dreams are pretty random. Sometimes they have to do with whats going on in my life or maybe something to do with the last thing I was doing before bed.

Well last night, I had my first dream regarding my oral surgery. It was very freaky. So I went in to the hospital so they can start prepping me for the surgery. As I laid on the bed, I began dreading this process since Ive been through it for my knee surgery back in december. First the nurse comes in and prepares the IV. I told her not to use the veins in my hands because the last nurse who tried spent 30min trying to and was very unsuccessful. The nurse for my knee surgery, eventually noticed my forearm veins and hooked up the IV in less than 5 min. Sadly, my hand was bruised and swollen for almost 2 weeks. So as I am explaining this the nurse says "I am done" then leaves the room. I look at my hand and the IV is through my hand. I was frustrated since she didn't listen but at least she was able to get it on the first try I guess. Then its time for the waiting game. Some nurses come in check my vitals then leave. Eventually the doctor and his fellow come in to explain everything and makes sure we're on the same page then they leave. The anesthesiologist comes in and go over her role in the surgery and tells me what she will be using. I had no idea what the drug was but I asked her to use the same thing that was used with my last surgery. She smiles then leave injects some meds to make me drowsy into the IV. Suddenly I get a little anxious and start freaking out but there was nothing I could do. My whole body felt heavy and I felt like I couldn't move. I tried to talk but nothing was coming out of my mouth. Slowly I am being wheeled to the operating room. I see random people moving about then everything goes dark. It felt like the darkness lasted an eternity. Suddenly I feel something tapping my left shoulder then I hear a faint voice which is inaudible. Then suddenly I sit up and I feel myself gasp for air as if I was breathing for the first time.

It was at this time that I actually woke up. I noticed that I was breathing heavy from the dream as it felt so real. I look at the clock and notices it was 4am and I had at least 4 more hours left before my alarm would go off. Needless to say, I didn't sleep well the rest of the time. LOL

No comments: