Saturday, July 19, 2008

Hooking It Up

So yesterday, I had surgical hooks placed on my brackets in preparation for surgery next week. I was actually dreading getting these things on. I heard how they can chafe the insides of your mouth and cleaning them when food get caught. More of an annoyance than anything. After they were placed, you can really feel there is something taking up your mouth but it isn't as bad as I expected. I was told to avoid moving them around as they can break. I was also told that I can push them back if they get in the way or annoy my mouth. First thing I did when I got into the car was to look into the mirror and check it all out. Didn't even look bad but I started to push the hooks back as some were already poking.

Its been a full day so far with them and I have to say its truly not bad at all. Now if only I could speed up the next few days then I will be a happy camper.

No comments: