Saturday, July 26, 2008

Trial and Error

So last night was the first night that I slept through the night. I didn't have any nurses or techs constantly checking my vitals nor random lights, voices, waking me up. I was really tired so I took a brief nap and woke up with an intense pain in my jaw on the right side. Thanks to the bands pulling my midline into the proper position. Since I took a Lortab 4 hours ago I had to wait 2 more hours before my next dose so I decided to set my alarm and wait. I toss and turned until 11:15pm. My alarm was to go off at 11:30pm. So i went ahead and had my next dose and drank some water with it. Huge improvement. I also wrapped my face and iced. Went back to bed around 12:30am and slept through the night until 8:45am. I ended up taking the wrap off as I feel as it my face is being squished to death. LOL

So I woke up looked in the mirror to see the chipmunk cheeks still there so I decided to shave my head and face since it was getting a bit scruffy. I notice the tip of my tongue is still numb but slowly getting some feeling back. My lower lip and chin is still numb but I am still feeling random sensations so hopefully the feeling will come back soon. I noticed that there was some twitching in my chin which I think is a good sign. I touch around my lips and on the left corner, I can actually feel pressure. Its funny how the littlest things gets me excited. I took some orange flavored liquid ibuprofen and started to look up some food. I wanted something with fruits but instead I thought I would make something without using a book. I pull out some chocolate Ensure, peanut butter, a little Nutella, coffee yogurt, and a liquid multi vitamin. I whip out my Magic Bullet and go to town. I take the first sip and nearly gag. I think it was way too many ingredients and the multivitamin was over powering everything else and I come to learn it tastes like crap. Looks like thats $30 thrown down the drain. So I start to feel a little nauseated from the drink and decided I should have went with my first instinct. Something with fruit. So I whip out my new "Juices and Smoothies" book by Hamlyn and start searching. I found an easy recipe that called for frozen strawberries, pineapple juice, and strawberry yogurt. So I wizened up and added one of my Centrum multivitamins to blend. Cranked up the magic bullet and voila a good tasting shake. I had to add a couple packages of splenda to make it a little sweeter. So in hindsight I learned to just stick to the recipe book, avoid liquid vitamins, and customize much later once I find out what goes with what. LOL

2 comments:

Katherine (Kate) said...

Hey! Just thought I'd let you know I've been following your blog.

Glad to hear you're home and doing okay. Are you taking care of yourself??!?

Cheers to more upcoming tasty concoctions (and a speedy recovery) :)

ThaThrill said...

Hey thanks for the kind words. I have my moments of ups and downs. I was surprised that after wanting this surgery really badly, that I actually had second thoughts and questioned why I even did it. Granted it was 2 days post op. LOL

I am getting lots of rest and my friends are taking good care of me. I pretty much sit and watch tv LOL